Sunday, November 1, 2009

trick or treat!

Merit's 2nd Halloween has come and gone. I can't believe it has been a year since I made her mouse costume and put it on her 5 times a day because I thought she was the cutest mouse ever.


This year I had started making her a fairy costume while we were at the cabin in Knoxville. I got about half-way done, but when we got back home, I never could find a good moment to get it finished. The mouse costume still fits her, so even though it pained me to think about her being the same thing 2 years in a row, a mouse she was going to be.

Until my friend Penny said that she had found a garden gnome costume for Audrey. Penny didn't mind if we copied her, and we agreed that it would be the cutest thing ever if they both went as gnomes. So even though I am one of those who believe that homemade costumes are more fun, I made an exception this year, and it was well worth it!

 
 

I had put Merit's costume on early in the day to show my family in Abilene over a video chat. She didn't want to take the dress off, so she wore it all day long.

napping gnome


I tried to put cute little cheeks on her, but they lasted about 5 minutes after I put them on.

 
 

We went to the Harrison's neighborhood to trick-or-treat. It was so fun, and the cuteness was almost too much to take!

Merit and Audrey the gnome sisters

 
 
 

Ava was the prettiest flapper girl I ever did see.


the best picture I got of the 3 of them


And, for comparison's sake...Halloween last year!


Trick-or-treating was, of course, tons of fun. Merit and Audrey liked the knocking on doors part, and Ava loved the getting candy part.

 
 

We are loving getting to do "kid" things with Merit. I hate that she is growing up so fast, but we sure are having fun along the way.
 
 
 
 
 
Merit loved all of the "puppies" that greeted her at the door (especially the one wearing a tutu whose owner was in a...kilt?). She is also a people person, so meeting new people at each door was fun, too. She even made her way into a house or two. I'd say that trick-or-treating was a hit with MerMer.

 
 

Can't wait to carry on the tradition next year with the Harrisons. We are thankful for good friends and a fun Halloween!

post signature

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Merit makes for such a cute mouse and gnome. I can't wait to see what she'll be next year!

Beth said...

Sharon, that is the most adorable costume ever...so was the mouse! So creative and fun!! So impressed that you made the mouse, and where did you find the gnome?? Adorable!

erin f. said...

That really is such a fun cute costume, I can't stop looking at your pictures!

mindy said...

sharon, merit is absolutely precious this year and last!!! i've never seen a gnome costume...super cute:) happy halloween!

Jennifer W. said...

I'm with you on the homemade costume thing but that is THE CUTEST store bought costume I have ever seen. She could not be any more adorable!

Michelle said...

what a precious gnome!

Anonymous said...

How fun and creative and adorable...oh man, I love that little girl. -Kasey