Sunday, October 4, 2009

once again, i'm behind

It is too overwhelming to try to catch up from August, so let's review the past few days, shall we? Thursday night we hung out with our dear friends, the Harrisons. Aren't their girls BEAUTIFUL??

Merit and Ava in the toy box


Audrey and Merit


On our way to the Harrisons that night, my brother and sister-in-law, Matt and Nikki, called to ask if it was cool if they came to visit THE NEXT DAY! I was so excited! We had tons of fun, even though their impromptu visit was much too short. Merit LOVED having them here. They were in Nashville for about 24 hours, and pretty much if Merit was awake, she was in Nikki's lap. She cried and cried when we dropped them off at the airport. Matt and Nikki, I cried on the inside. :) We all miss them already!


 
 

Now some pics for Nina and Grammie...

Merit is obsessed with dressing up and putting things around her neck...and on her head...and on her feet. Whatever it may be, she always walks around the living room kind of slowly with a smile on her face, proud of her new outfit.

Kev's boxers. ha!


She also loves to have "soos" on. She brings them to us and says, "pease?" Nina got these cute Mary Janes for her! Don't they look lovely with her pj's?


Daddy/Daughter Date Day - Kev took her to the zoo last week.


This is just a cute pic I took before they left...


This morning, Merit was being really quiet, and I found her emptying my "junk drawer" in the bathroom.



This afternoon we bought Merit a pink potty. She was so proud of it!

 

Then, tonight before her bath, I put her on it to see what she would do, and she actually went! I know it was most likely just good timing, but I got so excited, which made her super excited. My camera battery died after I took the picture below or I would have gotten some video of what followed. She ran as fast as she could around the apartment, screaming and laughing. Then, she came back into the bathroom and kept looking in her potty, clapping her hands and saying, "Yay!" over and over. It was so cute! And I was so proud.

(You can see her smiling beneath her paci...)


So, there ya have it. More pics from this weekend than I've posted in the last 2 months. Maybe I'll keep this up?

Yeah, probably not.

post signature

4 comments:

Mama Nina said...

Thank you so much. I needed that! I loved it! I love y'all so much! Mama

erin f. said...

Oh my...I love the little naked Merit going on the potty picture, too cute. She is just too cute all over!

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

she is the cutest little girl ever! i love that she is wearing her socks in the picture of her on the potty. and I think she's starting to look more like you as she's getting older!

*Courtney* said...

She is too cute, Sharon! And I agree with Cherry, I think she is beginning to look like you. :)