Wednesday, July 8, 2009

well, hello there, july!

What better time than July the 8th to talk about what happened in May? None better I say.

Merit and I started the month off with a trip to Texas. I believe this was her 8th or 9th flight (thanks to her amazingly generous PaPa.) She has flown more in her first 15 months than I flew in the first 20 years of my life. Here she is showing outwardly how I sometimes feel inwardly on these flights.One of the main reasons for this trip was so that I could get together with some friends from high school. I hadn't seen a couple of these girls in about 9 years, so it was so good to get together and catch up. This pic was taken on the bench in front of Chili's...where many a pic was taken back in our days at good ole Wylie High.The rest of the time was spent with family. It is getting more and more fun to see Merit with her cousins. She was constantly entertained...swimming, box surfing with PaPa, even her first try at gymnastics! We were able to go to my cousin April's daughter's party at the Gymnastics Sport Center. I took Gymnastics there as a kid and nothing had changed about the place...the same smell hit you at the door, the same Mary Lou Retton posters on the walls, I believe even the foam pit was filled with the very same pieces of foam that were there 20 years ago. All of this, of course, made me very happy. (If you look closely in the top left picture you can see that Merit and my cousin Mindi's son Hudson are lost in the foam pit...)Kevan came at the end of the week and was able to spend Mother's Day with us. He's the greatest and I love him. Just thought you should know.
Yet again, another fine trip to Texas. And for the two of you still wishing that you could hear more about May, don't worry, another post or two is soon to follow. Although I use the term "soon" loosely. :)

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun post! I laughed out loud at the first picture...she looks so excited about the flight. :0) Can't wait to see/hear more!

Anonymous said...

Yea! so glad that you updated your blog. the picture of you and kevan standing with Merit on MD looks very vintage...like it could have been from the 60's or something. I like.

This is Erin, it won't let me log in!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, just stopped by your blog to see what you are up to these days. I love the mother's day collage. You have such a beautiful family!

The Perkins Family said...

Hey Sharon,

I noticed you make collages of your pictures. Do you put these in an online photo book or anything? I still haven't done anything with Ella's pictures, but vow to put something together very soon! I'm just curious what other people do... Thanks! :) I love all the new pictures of Merit!

lhall said...

Hey... You're ahead of schedule in my book. I'm still promising updates from February. Love the time we got to spend together back in May!

Anonymous said...

I seriously feel like yall look like movie stars on the top of your blog page. Seriously. I cant believe I know you. -KW