Monday, December 10, 2007

oh, christmas tree

Do you know how much I love thee? As soon as November hits, I count down the days until you make our living room a little happier. It has been 4 years now that I have decorated you with Kevan. He loves you, too, even if he does think I put you up too early every year.

Decorating you for the first time with Kevan was so much fun. Oh, how I loved your ornaments and tree topper that was actually supposed to be our cake topper at our wedding just a week or two before we decorated you.

Our first ornament as "the Albrights"--the first we put on your little branches--was a wedding car given to us by my mama. Sadly, this ornament has since been lost in a move. I still love to see you all decorated, but there will always be something missing.

We moved to Tennessee before our second Christmas. When we put you up that year, I felt a little more at home.

Last year, I was excited to decorate you once again, even though this was the year I discovered the loss of your original ornaments. I did the best I could to replace them with fun and happy new ones, although I never could find one like our wedding car ornament.

And now, this year, you look a little different once again, but I think you are the cutest. I get so happy when I come home and plug in your lights. 
I can hardly wait for next year when I get to share you with our baby girl...

3 comments:

JENNY said...

Sharon, I love your Christmas tree!! You look adorable, by the way!

*Courtney* said...

love the new white tree...i too plug in the lights at the first sign of darkness.

tell danna congrats on her pregnancy, so fun!

allyo said...

Hey Sharon...I just spent the last forty-five minutes reading your blog...I stumbled on yours from someone else. I am glad that I did. It sounds like you have been up to a lot! Congrats on the baby news. I know it is a little late, but still heart felt. I can't wait for you to experience being a momma and having a baby girl. They are so much fun!

MAV