Sunday, August 19, 2007

nervous...

I set this blog up a few weeks ago. I actually have something to blog about now (more about that later!), but yet I still haven't wanted to do it. I am intimidated by the Blog. I love reading other people's, but the thought of having other people read my own...it is pressure. But being the sentimental being that I am, I have decided that the next few months and years of my life are going to be ones I will want to remember and remember well, so if not for anyone but myself, here I go.

Side note...about a year ago or so, my brother Matt decided to start a blog for me, and by "for me", I mean he set it up, named it, and wrote the entire thing. It was pretty ridiculous, except for the cute title he put on it (thanks, Matt)...that is the ONLY thing I have taken from my "first" blog. If you'd like to check it out, because although ridiculous, it is pretty funny, go here.

Today is not only my dad's birthday, but also my oldest brother, Paul's, as well!! Happy Birthday to two of my favorite guys in the whole world!!
My dad is absolutely amazing. He has so many talents and abilities, yet is likely the most humble individual I know. He is truly genuine. Something he has told me before that I think about all the time is to always remember that above things or money, people are always more important. He lives his life that way, and I am so blessed to have a man like that for my very own father! I miss him terribly and need him to come visit me, ok? Love you, Daddy!

Paul is a really great brother. He is a lot like my dad. He is amazing at what he does and is such a great husband and father. Being the oldest, Paul is really good at making sure we are all taken care of. When we lived in the same town, I knew that if I called him, he would drop anything for me. (I am sure that even now, living in different states, he would do the same...) I remember one time in college I got really sick, and Paul left work and came to my house to find me laying on my bathroom floor. Despite the college girl drama, he helped me to the car and drove me to the doctor. What a guy. He has given me one of my most favorite nieces, Macy, and another favorite is on the way in November. I absolutely cannot wait to meet her. Love you, Paul!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BLOG!!!!!! From your biggest fan Kasey

annalee said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS DAY HAS COME!!! i will be checking back often for shashalicious news! hope your week went well! love.

*Courtney* said...

oh sharon, having a blog to document this fun time in your life is a great idea! i did it and it's so fun to look back at the pictures and the thoughts and feelings.

you are going to love it!
-courtney emberlin bryan

Chels said...

Haha, you've got a blog and I'm already addicted! Can you beileve that years from now we really will look at that picture from Katie's wedding and not know if that was your baby or Kylas since you've got one coming not even a year after hers! LOVE IT! Cant wait for the next post!

And I love you

Kaylane said...

Glad to have another blog to check on a daily basis! Hope you are feeling good these days. I am praying for you!!! Love ya! Kaylane

Unknown said...

I am so proud to be a part of your amazing family. As I read your blog (you are a great writer by the way) I got all choked up. Thanks for being such a wonderful sister-that-I-never-had. I am so excited to keep up with embryo Albright.