Tuesday, June 14, 2011

prayers for my girl

Over the past couple of months, sweet Merit has had two urinary tract infections back to back. It hasn't been fun.


Because of this, we have to go to the hospital tomorrow afternoon for some testing to be sure that she doesn't have any reflux in her bladder. It will involve a catheter, an ultrasound, and a very nervous mama. Although I am thankful for her doctor who cares about her, and for the technology to check these types of things out, I am not all that excited about it.


I really think Merit will do just fine (most likely better than I will) as she is a pretty tough little girl, and she absolutely loves doctor visits. This will be a visit unlike any that she has had thus far though, so prayers for her little heart are welcome. And of course, prayers that everything looks okay and that there is an easy fix so that her "pee pee won't hurt" anymore. :)


I am aware and in awe of the many parents who have gone through medical issues much, much worse than this with their precious babies. I am thankful every second for my two healthy girls. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers for all of us tomorrow! Much love...

9 comments:

mrs. prevost said...

aww poor girl! those stink! i was very sensitive to those my whole life. i got them a lot but we realized that i couldn't use bubbles for bubble baths and to this day i have to chug water. i can't even drink more then 1 cup of soda or coffee a day. needless to say i know how painful they are and i am lifting little merit up in prayers right now! and praying for you! it is so hard to watch your child in pain. let me know if you need anything. if you need me to watch august or anything!

erin f. said...

Ohhh I went through all of that as a 4 year old. It was scary but probably much worse on my mom than me... And harder on you than merit. I will pray for her tomorrow. Sweet close ups!

Jessica Jeffrey said...

Sweetest Sharon. I will be thinking about y'all tomorrow and joining you in praying for your girl! Hope everything goes as best as it possibly could.

amy said...

praying for your sweet girl and for you too. I can relate to those feelings... my Riley has tummy issues and we have a G.I. appointment in a couple weeks... I'm so nervous! Merit's eyes are GORGEOUS. GREAT pics!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

bless her heart. and yours...mav had to go through this with camden and same with my niece too. praying for a peace and an easy morning without being afraid for m.

Jessica said...

I will lift your sweet little one up in prayer. I hope that the doctors will find what is wrong & help solve the problem smoothly.

Unknown said...

Sending prayers your way. We are going through these exact same tests with Gracie right now. :(

Laura Webb said...

I had the same issue when I was 6!! I had ALL those same things happen to me at the Dr. The cath will be the worst, everything else will be fine...They told me it was grape jelly they were putting on my belly!! To this day i can't take baths, use bar soaps, and NO hot tubs!! Good luck tomorrow!! Prayers for mama and Merit!!

annalee said...

precious sha sha and precious merit,
i just prayed for you sweet girls and especially for all tomorrow holds! we had this same procedure done with adelaide when she was younger. i'm sorry she has to go through it but hoping it gives clear answers and helps things get better!
xoxo