Thursday, May 26, 2011

today: a birthday and anniversary


So thankful that you were born on this day twenty-eight years ago in Amarillo, Texas. About a four hour drive directly south of you in Midland, Texas, there lived a little one-year-old girl who was unaware of how much that day - and who that day brought - was going to change her life someday. Not only just the birth of the boy she would one day marry, but in twenty-one short years, May 26th would also become the day that you would ask her to be your wife.


We had just finished up our senior and sophomore years at ACU. The night of your birthday, we were needing to kill some time before dinner, so you took me to Redbud park to walk around. You told me you had gotten me a present for your birthday, and I pulled a cute green shirt out of a sack. As I was thinking about how sweet that was of you, it got a LOT sweeter when I saw a shiny ring tied to the tag of the shirt! I still can't believe you pulled that off, Kev.


And just like your blessed life began on May 26th, 1983, our little family began on the same day in 2004. Thank you so much for inviting me to be by your side for life. I just know that 28 is going to treat you well. 

Afterall, it just keeps getting better...

 and better...

...does it not?

I love you so very much, Kevan. You are completely adored by every single girl in this household. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

erin f. said...

Those are the cutesy family pictures yet! Happy birthday kevan!

mama nina said...

That is one beautiful family right there. Yes it is!!!!
Happy birthday, son. Love you!