Wednesday, December 22, 2010

merit introduces august to ho ho

We finally got the chance to take the girls to get this year's Santa pic. Merit was beside herself excited, insisting that she wanted to sit in his sleigh when we got there. She has loved that man since her very first Christmas. Her current favorite Christmas song is "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

August was excited, too! Maybe?


We had a bit of a wait, so Merit took in the display.


When it was our turn, Merit RAN to Santa, climbed up, and gave him a big hug. She kept trying to tell him August's name, but he never understood what she was saying, so she told him again and again. He was sweetly doing a lot of smiling and nodding. It was very strange having two of my babies on Santa's lap. They snapped the pic in a hurry, so I wasn't able to really get August's attention, but it's cute! And for August, this pretty much sums her up right now. Hands in her mouth, taking in everything around her.

Merit then told Santa what she wanted: a green dinosaur. 

As we were leaving, she said, "Wait! I need my green dinosaur!" We had to explain that he'll be dropping that off at the house later. :)

Santa pic Review:

We were sad to miss having our usual Santa from the past couple of years! And this really must be Merit's smile she saves for only Santa. It's the same sweet smile every time..

2008
Merit - 9 months old

2009
Merit - 21 months old

2010
Merit - 2.5 years old, August - 4 months old

Thanks for the memories, Ho Ho!

4 comments:

Sarah P said...

For a split second, when I pulled up your post, I thought the first picture was YOU but it was Merit! Such wonderful pictures. What a good mom you are!

erin f. said...

I love all these pictures, so sweet! I am so jealous that your children are happily sitting with Santa and not screaming their heads off :)

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pics with beautiful girls! I love the year to year pics! Merry Christmas to the Albrights! Kasey

Kyla said...

I am amazed by these pictures because your girls are both content to sit in his lap! My girls are truly scared of him. What's your secret? I thought surely Ava would be ok with him this year since she's almost 4. Nope, not yet anyway. And Micah acted like I was abusing her by even coming near him. :) Merit and August are unbelievably cute by the way!! So glad I got to meet August last month!!