Saturday, September 12, 2009

nina + papa + cousins = love

Last month my parents came to Nashville for a few days. One day we ate ice cream in downtown Franklin, and Merit ate enjoyed adored her first real ice cream cone.


Merit and I decided to go back to Texas with my parents for a week or so. My brother, Paul, and sister-in-law, Lori, were going to Hawaii for 8 days, so my parents were keeping my nieces, Macy and Zoey. Nina and PaPa did a great job and made the week so fun for their grandgirls. Merit basically had sisters for a week, which when you add in all the other fun stuff...root beer floats, popsicles, pools, ice cream, a yard with sprinklers...I'd say she loved just about every second at Nina and PaPa's.



This collage is pretty chaotic, but what trip to Target with 3 little girls isn't?

 
the Abilene Zoo!

It was so fun to see Merit and Zoey play (and fight...just a little) with each other. Zoey is 4 months older than Merit so they will be in the same grade growing up. I see a shared ACU dorm room in their future. :)

 

Macy was my first niece ever, and she and I are buddies. I cannot believe that she has now started kindergarten! I had such a fun time with her. Nina, Macy and I went to see a movie one day while PaPa kept the "babies", she was my ticket partner at Gattiland, and we snuck away just the 2 of us to get snow cones. I was honored to be with her as she checked out her class list for the first time and attended Meet the Teacher night at her school. She was precious checking everything out for the first time. (Lori, I will send you these pics very soon!)



post signature

3 comments:

erin f. said...

How much fun Sharon! Glad you got to be with your fam and Merit got some cousin time. Nothing is better than cousin friends!

HoboBaby said...

Love the nose in the ice cream cone. Way to eat it right, Merit.

Unknown said...

I love these pics so much! We are blessed beyond measure. Love you.